Creamy Lime and Avocado Tart
May 1, 2020
Here’s a delightful guilt-free treat that you can even find time to make midweek. It’s also quarantine shopping friendly… is that a term yet? With only seven simple ingredients, you are almost sure to have them all on hand. It was a great save for me on Monday when Joachim’s birthday seemed to appear out of nowhere, and I was up against a packed schedule.
We can thank Brittany Mullins @Eatingbirdfood for inspiring this dessert and for her many spot-on gluten-free, vegan recipes.
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts, consider pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1–2 tsp lime zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 medium avocados, halved, pitted and peeling removed (about 2 cups avocado puree)
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Drain dates and pat dry with paper towels. Place all ingredients in a food processor together until a dough has formed.
- Press into springform tart pan or six individual custard cups. Place in the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- Blend avocados, lime juice, sweetener of choice, coconut oil and lime zest in food processor until creamy.
- Remove crust from the freezer. Pour filling over the crust, smoothing out with a spatula.
- Return to freezer until set, about 2 hours. Move to refrigerator or countertop to allow to soften before slicing and serving. Store any leftovers back in the freezer.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
This is an amazingly simple, decadent dessert that no one will believe is vegan and gluten free! Crust 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes 1 ¾ cup hazelnuts or pecans 3-4 T raw cacao nibs 1 T coconut oil In the food processor, process nuts and cacao nibs until…
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer. Ingredients 2 tablespoons (10 g) ground flax or chia 6 tablespoons (90 mL) water 1 cup (100 g) unsweetened shredded coconut…
The desire to keep away from the heat of the oven only increases as summer sets in. So, when you tire of puddings and frozen desserts, how about giving these sweet bites a try? The sweet, salty, and crunchy tastes all at once certainly would be enough to give the cookies rave reviews but the…