Super Seeded Crackers
Here is a recipe to beat all boxed versions — and it’s easier than you think. Play around with the seasonings. Your options are endless!
- 1/4 cup brown or white rice flour
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp hemp
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- scant 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water (add by the teaspoon if more is needed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Knead the dough until it comes together. Shape into a ball.
- Place ball of dough on parchment paper or a non-stick mat. Roll out dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick, or as thin as you can get it without ripping. With a pastry wheel or pizza slicer, score the dough for crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden. You will want to bake long enough for the crackers to be crisp.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Store in an air-tight container once fully cool.
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows.