Vegan Panna Cotta
April 27, 2020
- 800 ml plant-based milk:
2 14-oz cans full-fat coconut milk, 400 mL each
or 1 can of coconut milk and 400ml of another plant-based milk (I like hazelnut or almond milk)
or 800ml of your favorite plant-based milk
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 1 T powdered agar agar
- 1 vanilla bean, split with seeds removed to use, or a pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen berries
- 1 to 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- 1 T arrowroot or cornstarch for thickening
- Pour milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once milk begins a gentle boil, whisk in sugar and agar agar. Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla, stirring well, and pour into four lightly greased glass ramekins. Once cooled to room temperature, place in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
- Prepare fruit topping by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until berries break down and a sauce begins to form and thicken. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, divide berry mixture between four plates, releasing each panna cotta from its ramekin and placing one on each plate.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
Summer is probably the easiest time to ditch dairy as the appeal for “creamy and rich” certainly lessens when the temps and humidity creep up. Having said that, I fully believe this is not an either or proposition. You can have creamy and rich AND be dairy free, it will just come from plant based sources. While switching what…
This is an amazingly simple, decadent dessert that no one will believe is vegan and gluten free! Crust 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes 1 ¾ cup hazelnuts or pecans 3-4 T raw cacao nibs 1 T coconut oil In the food processor, process nuts and cacao nibs until…
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer. Ingredients 2 tablespoons (10 g) ground flax or chia 6 tablespoons (90 mL) water 1 cup (100 g) unsweetened shredded coconut…