I really did not believe there was a cauliflower recipe I had not tried and then along came this one, and wow! It is so yummy and so simple I’d make it again tomorrow!
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets of similar size
- 1 whole yellow onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- A handful of raisins
- ½ tea of cinnamon
- 2 TBL of honey
- Cubes or Crumbles of Vegan Feta
- Chopped toasted almonds
- Steamed Rice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss cauliflower pieces with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet ( do not crowd) and roast 15-18 minutes. Edges should brown and pieces should be just fork tender but still hold their shape.
- While the cauliflower roasts heat a heavy skillet with a splash or two of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Push onion aside and add tomato paste and pepper flakes allowing the paste to darken and thicken further. Add cinnamon, honey, and raisins mixing well. Tip roasted cauliflower pieces into the pan and stir gently to coat each piece.
- Serve with rice and top with feta and chopped almonds.