I love noodles, I love tahini, and I really love broccoli so when I came across Hetty McKinnon’s Sesame Rice Noodle recipe I was thrilled. This comes together in a snap especially if you have prepped the “everything oil” in advance. If you are a fan of this dish may I suggest you have a look at her gorgeous new cookbook, To Asia with Love.
Here is my adapted version.
1 package of pad thai rice noodles
1 Tbs of sesame oil
½ cup of tahini
2 heads of broccoli cut into pieces with a flat side for searing
1 package baby Bella mushrooms sliced
2-3 Tbs. of Hetty’s everything oil
2 scallions finely sliced
Chopped cilantro leaves
Salt & Pepper
- Prepare veggies and heat heavy skillet for searing.
- Soak rice noodles in boiling water for 10 mins while cooking the vegetables.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and toss with sesame oil.
- Add olive oil to the heated skillet, searing broccoli, and then mushrooms in batches seasoning with salt and pepper. Once nicely charred in spots, cover with a lid briefly until just barely tender.
- Set aside on a plate with a lid to keep warm.
- Whisk tahini with ½ to 1 cup of filtered water, season with salt and pepper to taste. The amount of water will vary depending on the consistency of the tahini. You will want it pourable.
- Pour tahini over noodles and toss to coat. Divide between serving dishes.
Top with vegetables, a few splashes of everything oil, cilantro, and scallions.