Spicy Samosa Wraps
February 10, 2023
A quick and easy weeknight meal prep ahead packed lunch.
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped or other hot or mild green chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cumin, preferably roasted
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed coarsely
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala or 1/2 tsp amchur ( dry mango powder)
- 2 tbsp mango chutney (or chop a handful of cilantro and mint finely and mix in)
- 1/2 tsp or more lemon juice
- 1 TBL oil
- 1 head of Cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/2 tsp each of ground cumin, coriander, and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, cayenne, and ginger powder
- 1/3 tsp salt , less or more depending on if the chickpeas are already salted
- Samosa Mixture: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and coriander seeds and cook until they change to a deeper color. Add the Serrano pepper and cook for a minute.
- Add all the spices and mix in. Add the mashed potatoes, salt, and mix in. Break any larger pieces. Cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Add peas, ginger, chaat masala, and amchur(mango powder), and mix in. Add more lemon juice if omitting these spices. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Cover and cook for 2 mins, then let sit for another 2 mins for the flavors to develop.
- Cauliflower- Toss with oil and spices, place on a baking sheet, and roast at 450 for 15-20 mins until tender. Taste and adjust salt and seasoning..
- Add the potato mixture, cauliflower, and chutney to each wrap and fold accordingly.
Server with Siracha, yogurt, and chopped fresh cilantro.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
Thank you, Hetty McKinnon, once again, for your inspiration. This is certainly one of those recipes that just writing it out prompts the desire to make it. So while you are reading, I will be serving myself. Ingredients 12 ounces dried or fresh thin noodles ( I subbed in Jovial GF Spaghetti which worked well)…
There was a chapter of my life when a freshly baked cake came out of my oven several times a week. We lived those days in Germany, I taught high school and often the first thing I did after arriving home was to gather ingredients and bake. At the time, our house was full, and…
Ingredients 2 young tender leeks, washed and chopped fine, omitting the tougher green ends 8 ounces of frozen or fresh-shelled peas 2 TBL olive oil 1 TBL vegan butter 8 threads of good quality saffron allowed to “bloom” for 10 minutes in a few tablespoons of boiling water (this saffron by Kiva) is exceptional. 3-4 …
So yummy. This dessert will certainly have you sneaking back into the freezer for just one more bite. We can thank Oh She Glows for this marvelous recipe and Tanya Renner for turning me on to it. Ingredients THE FILLING: 3/4 cup (225 g) raw cashew butter* 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup, room…
A quick and easy weeknight meal prep ahead packed lunch. Ingredients Samosa Potatoes: 1 tsp oil 1/4 tsp cumin seeds 1/4 tsp coriander seeds 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped or other hot or mild green chili pepper (optional) 1 tsp ground turmeric 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cumin, preferably roasted 1 tsp ground coriander 1/3 tsp…
Ingredients 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to serve 2 large shallots peeled and minced 1-2 tablespoon herbs de Provence 1⁄2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or pinch of red chili flakes. 4 quarts veggie broth Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste 1 cup coarse stone ground yellow cornmeal 1 can rinsed and drained…
Here’s my take on another Melissa Clark recipe that will warm your heart and fill your tummy. There are a few steps to get these veggies to the oven, but then it’s pleasantly hands-off until dinner. I discovered that there is just enough baking time to get a short walk in before the winter sun…
Just home from shopping at the local co-op, I needed a comforting soup that would come together quickly. This tomato-based beauty worked like a charm. The ingredients are all pantry staples, and a package of frozen spinach could easily sub in for the kale. Ingredients Olive oil 2 large shallots peeled and finely chopped 1…
This final week of meal prep before our cross-country move was made all the easier with a large batch of this Sourdough Flatbread in the fridge. If you’ve missed my sharing Aran Goyoaga’s sourdough starter, here it is again. Start it on a Friday morning, and by Wednesday, you will be making bread. Several things…
Adapted from Alexa Weibel’s Vegan Bolognese Trust me on this, double this recipe because you will surely want more later in the week ahead. Ingredients 1 cup (100 grams) shelled gently chopped toasted walnuts Kosher salt and black pepper 1.5 lbs fresh mushrooms (use a combination of shiitake and baby bella) olive oil, plus more…
There was something incredibly comforting about baking this in the midst of packing and listing our home for sale. In a week that felt like a tangle of loose ends, this loaf was solid and real. My wish is that this is the recipe that convinces you to keep a jar of sourdough starter in…
Direct from Lauren’s kitchen to yours. Ingredients Olive Oil 1 large late summer squash or zucchini- chopped in bite-sized pieces and oven roasted or sautéed in a pan until just tender but holding their shape well 1 onion peeled and chopped 1 large or four small sweet peppers seeded and chopped 2 heaping TBL…