Blistered Okra and Tomatoes
June 30, 2020
- 500 g organic okra, well dried and stems trimmed (careful not to open pods and expose the seeds)
- Avocado, grapeseed or olive oil
- Juice from one whole lemon
- Sea salt
- Za’atar seasoning mix (make your own or order this one)
- 12 -15 organic cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add one layer of okra and dry roast until skins begin to blister, shaking pan so that all sides of the okra begin to color.
- Continue until all have been lightly roasted, moving each completed batch to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and drizzled with oil.
- Add whole cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with seasoning, salt and lemon juice.
- Using your hands, see that the veggies are covered with oil and seasonings.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until cherry tomatoes begin to color and collapse.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also be interested in:
New potatoes! What a treat! If you haven’t tasted freshly harvested new potatoes, you are seriously missing out. I happen to be partial to the ones I have been discovering in my Tecolote Farm basket…
Oma Hubele has a place of honor in our household for many, many reasons but this recipe helped her win over the hearts of my two teenage daughters sixteen years ago. Since then, in their…
I don’t know about you, but we can’t get enough sweet potatoes here at the Hubele house. Here’s a sophisticated spin to try that is a far cry from any marshmellowy memory you may have. Give this…
I am super fortunate to live with two open-minded eaters. They not only put up with my kitchen experiments, they fully participate with suggestions and ideas (sometimes a few more than I am prepared for!).…