In search of new fall recipes, I ordered Salma Hage’s, The Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook.
Having thoroughly enjoyed my time spent pouring over recipes, I certainly located some winners. And now I am looking forward to some cooler temps (in Austin that means under 100 degrees) in order to test and share my favorites.
As a sneak preview, you might want to try Hage’s Date Tahini & Cinnamon Smoothie. I’ve been a fan of date, banana, and raw cacoa smoothies for some time so the tahini and cinnamon sounded tempting. No reason to wait for a cold front for this recipe!
And here is the truth… The first one was so good, I had to make a second. 🙂
This is what you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice (I used coconut)
- 2 sliced and frozen ripe (but not overripe) bananas
- ¼ cup tahini
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and torn into pieces
- 1 drop real vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Optional garnishes: pinch of cinnamon and/or sesame seeds
Blend until smooth and enjoy!!