Yes, you read that right. Stop the eye rolling right now. Seriously. These are amazing, and if you’re as big a fan of Brussels Sprouts as I am, you will thank me. Truthfully I can’t really call this a recipe. It’s more like a list of ingredients because they go together so easily. Depending on what part of the world you are reading this post, the ingredient Bitchin’ Sauce may sound pretty strange. Don’t despair as I have included a link to make your own. Be sure to make plenty as this spicy almond sauce tastes good on literally everything (except possibly chocolate).
- Olive oil – enough to cover the bottom of the skillet
- Brussels Sprouts – cut off ends and cut in half, place in heavy skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Give them a good shake once the cut side is seared and cover. Cook until just fork tender being careful not to overcook. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika if you have some on hand.
- One ripe avocado – cut in half, peeled and sliced For cutting tips, check out this guide.
- Salsa – storebought or homemade
- Original Flavor Bitchin’ Sauce (or even better make your own)
- The best non-GMO, lard-free corn tortillas you can find (another shout out for Chepos in SMTX)
I assemble mine by mashing the avocado on the tortillas, topping it with a teaspoon of salsa, then the brussels sprouts and finally a drizzle of Bitchin’ Sauce.
I’m looking forward to your comments on this one!