Nut Butter Coconut Cookies
April 3, 2020
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer.
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) ground flax or chia
- 6 tablespoons (90 mL) water
- 1 cup (100 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (100 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt ( this can also be flaked salt to top each cookie)
- 1 cup (240 g) almond butter, thick tahini, or your favorite nut or seed butter (I like a blend the almond and tahini)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped dairy-free dark chocolate bar or raisins.
- Mix flax or chia and water in a small bowl first, and allow to gel as an egg replacement.
- Measure and combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Blend in nut/seed butter, flax or chia mixture and maple syrup until mixture forms a dough. Your hands may be the best tool here. Add chocolate or raisins and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Portion cookies with a small ice cream scoop or teaspoon onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 350 F (180 C) for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Makes 20-24 cookies.
Inspired by Angela Liddon’s Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
It’s that time of year when the break room at your office is full of all the foods you are or should be avoiding. How about bringing along these treats from Rawmazing and you’ll have everyone wishing they ate as good as you! Ramp up one batch a bit by substituting organic dried cherries for the raisins……
The desire to keep away from the heat of the oven only increases as summer sets in. So, when you tire of puddings and frozen desserts, how about giving these sweet bites a try? The sweet, salty, and crunchy tastes all at once certainly would be enough to give the cookies rave reviews but the…
I declare this to be THE best gluten-free vegan cookie recipe. And to be sure my claim was true I tested the recipe three times in the last two weeks 😉 It feels pretty much no-fail, and to make things even easier we tried it as a bar cookie recipe and it was fantastic. We…