Chocolate Chip Cookies
April 6, 2019
I declare this to be THE best gluten-free vegan cookie recipe. And to be sure my claim was true I tested the recipe three times in the last two weeks 😉 It feels pretty much no-fail, and to make things even easier we tried it as a bar cookie recipe and it was fantastic. We can all thank Alexa Peduzzi for taking the time to test and share this on her Fooduzzi blog.
Here you go…
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour – I used a mixed nut blend by Pamela’s that also worked well (spooned and leveled)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (make sure it isn’t hot!)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- splash pure vanilla extract
- about 2 and 1/2 oz. vegan dark chocolate, chopped or in chip form
- coarse salt to top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Be sure to remove any large almond flour lumps.
- In a small bowl, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry, and mix. When it’s almost combined, add in your chopped chocolate. The batter will be stiff.
- Measure out 2-Tbsp. of dough, and shape it into a thick, flat circle. These cookies won’t spread, so be sure to shape them how you want them to look. Place your cookies on a baking sheet, and put the sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, press into a rectangular baking dish and follow the same directions from freezer to oven.
- Remove sheet from freezer and bake for 11 minutes if in cookie form and 15 if in a pan, until slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then carefully move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store at room temperature.
You may also be interested in:
It’s that time of year when the break room at your office is full of all the foods you are or should be avoiding. How about bringing along these treats from Rawmazing and you’ll have everyone wishing…
The desire to keep away from the heat of the oven only increases as summer sets in. So, when you tire of puddings and frozen desserts, how about giving these sweet bites a try? The…
Here’s what I am going for in this Oh Yum! series: Gluten free (grain free if possible), refined sugar free, dairy free and FLAVOR FULL! I’ll be sharing a Hubele family-tested recipe each week to…
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer. Ingredients…