Vegan Chocolate Tart
February 23, 2020
This is an amazingly simple, decadent dessert that no one will believe is vegan and gluten free!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 ¾ cup hazelnuts or pecans
- 3-4 T raw cacao nibs
- 1 T coconut oil
In the food processor, process nuts and cacao nibs until ground. Add drained dates and coconut oil to make a smooth paste. Press into a tart pan with a removable bottom (line with parchment paper if it is not non-stick). Place in the freezer until caramel layer is finished.
- 1.5 cups Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 4 T tahini
- pinch of salt
- ½ t vanilla extract, or a pinch or two of vanilla powder
Process all together until smooth. Spoon into the tart crust and use your wet your hands to evenly distribute.
Coconut Chocolate Ganache
- 2 400 ml cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled until the cream separates
- 150-200 grams dark vegan chocolate
- 1 t vanilla extract, or a pinch or two of vanilla powder
Spoon the solid part of the coconut milk out of the can and warm gently over low heat. Add vanilla. Break up the chocolate and stir into the warm milk until all is melted and smooth. Quickly pour over the caramel layer and chill for 2-3 hours until set.
The remaining coconut milk is wonderful in smoothies or in my super seeded chia pudding.
When ready to serve, remove the tart from the pan and serve. Enjoy!
Inspired by Claire, @HealthyFrenchWife
You may also be interested in:
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts.