November 1, 2018
There is just one problem with this granola, and that is keeping it on hand because it’s just so delicious! The good news – making a double batch is no extra effort. Enjoy this list of ingredients as is or feel free to mix and match with what you have on hand. I must say, the pecans really make it special.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup ground or whole flax seeds
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil, blend with date syrup and vanilla or almond extract and spices in large mixing bowl.
- Chop nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor in small batches to break them up into pieces – leaving them large enough to add texture.
- Transfer chopped nuts/seed mixture and remaining ingredients to the large mixing bowl.
- Mix well with hands or large wooden spoon, spreading on two parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and continue baking for another 10 minutes watching carefully not to overcook.
- Allow granola to cool. Break into chunks to serve or store in an airtight container.
- Note: Feel free to mix and match nuts and seeds to accommodate allergies or taste preferences.
You may also be interested in:
Last week I kicked off a new series about taking steps toward a plant based diet one meal at a time. In my first post, Changing Your Plate: Part I, I shared the news that…
While I continue to eat my cleansing meal of fruit first thing each morning, the cold of winter often brings a desire for something more. When I came across the recipe that inspired this substantial…
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer. Ingredients…
This is an amazingly simple, decadent dessert that no one will believe is vegan and gluten free! Crust 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes 1 ¾ cup hazelnuts or…