There is just one problem with this granola, and that is keeping it on hand because it’s just so delicious! The good news – making a double batch is no extra effort. Enjoy this list of ingredients as is or feel free to mix and match with what you have on hand. I must say, the pecans really make it special.
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup ground or whole flax seeds
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil, blend with date syrup and vanilla or almond extract and spices in large mixing bowl.
- Chop nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor in small batches to break them up into pieces – leaving them large enough to add texture.
- Transfer chopped nuts/seed mixture and remaining ingredients to the large mixing bowl.
- Mix well with hands or large wooden spoon, spreading on two parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and continue baking for another 10 minutes watching carefully not to overcook.
- Allow granola to cool. Break into chunks to serve or store in an airtight container.
- Note: Feel free to mix and match nuts and seeds to accommodate allergies or taste preferences.