Saffron Pumpkin Soup
July 9, 2021
The saffron in this Saffron Pumpkin soup adds touch of elegance that will make it seem like you’ve made a gourmet restaurant style soup – because you just did!
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Toss seeds together in a bowl and spread on a parchment paper-covered sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 10 mins. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container until use.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- Medium pumpkin or butternut squash seeded and cubed
- Salt and Pepper
- Set oven to 450 degrees
- Toss oil, onion, pumpkin and place on parchment paper covered sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until edges darken and fork-tender.
- In stockpot heat together
- 1 liter of veggie broth
- ¼ tea of saffron threads
- Zest from one orange
- A pinch or two of harissa depending on spice preference
- Bunch of kale, removed from stalks and chiffonade cut, blanched
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- A handful of cilantro, leaves removed and chopped
When the pumpkin is roasted tip into stock, add kale and chickpeas. Heat until warm but do not cook further. Divide into bowls, sprinkle with cilantro and seeds, serve and enjoy!
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
If you are on the lookout for a quick, healthy and satisfying weeknight meal, search no further. This lemony kale pesto is as nutrient dense as it is delicious. A favorite way to serve it at the Hubele house is tossed with freshly cooked gluten-free penne, adding in a handful of chopped garden fresh tomatoes.…
Just in time for Halloween is this take on Anna Jones’ six-ingredient squash stew. There happen to be just a few more than six ingredients but they are all items you’re likely to have on hand. Ingredients Olive oil, for frying 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped (or a small…
Is it simmering stew season yet? Just to be clear, that means a veggie-full stew, and this one totally fits the bill. Not only is it packed with fall harvest vegetables, the spice combination is divine. I brought this along to a house concert potluck, and I had to think twice if I really wanted…
I made this recipe from The Kitchn over the weekend and went right out to buy more Sweet Dumpling Squash! Plenty of these yummy squash are available right now at Wheatsville Co-Op in Austin. This would also be a fantastic vegan addition to your Thanksgiving Day table. Ingredients: 3 sweet dumpling squashes 1 tablespoon olive…