Super Seeded Crackers
April 11, 2019
Here is a recipe to beat all boxed versions — and it’s easier than you think. Play around with the seasonings. Your options are endless!
- 1/4 cup brown or white rice flour
- 1/4 cup teff flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp hemp
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- scant 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water (add by the teaspoon if more is needed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Knead the dough until it comes together. Shape into a ball.
- Place ball of dough on parchment paper or a non-stick mat. Roll out dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick, or as thin as you can get it without ripping. With a pastry wheel or pizza slicer, score the dough for crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden. You will want to bake long enough for the crackers to be crisp.
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Store in an air-tight container once fully cool.
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
Adapted from George Bryant (Civilized Caveman) Prep time 10 mins Cook time 60 mins Total time 1 hour 10 mins Serves: 8 or 12 muffins Ingredients •4 very ripe bananas (2½ cups mashed or 575 grams) •4 eggs (replace with ¼ chia seeds soaked in ½ to ¾ cup of water) •1/2 cup almond butter…
I do realize that I am sharing a silly chia pudding recipe during peak veggie season. I get it. This wasn’t planned, but now that I am home I am missing a little taste of Europe. And what’s more European than Nutella, right? I gave up Nutella years ago when I changed my diet, but…
While I continue to eat my cleansing meal of fruit first thing each morning, the cold of winter often brings a desire for something more. When I came across the recipe that inspired this substantial Seeded Chia Pudding, a new tradition was born! The fact it makes itself overnight makes it a win-win solution. Ingredients…