September 14, 2019
You are going to love this recipe for its ease and flavor. This gazpacho is so good I could eat it for three meals a day… seriously. So what are you waiting for? Grab these ingredients, power up your blender and in minutes, your meal is ready!
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped and cored
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 large garlic clove or shallot
- 3 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- Juice from one freshly squeezed lime
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of stale or toasted bread, torn in chunks
- A handful of mint and/or basil leaves
- Microgreens or freshly torn basil, for garnish
Blend all ingredients, except greens for garnish, on high speed until desired consistency. You can leave the soup a bit chunky if you prefer some texture or blend until quite smooth. Check seasonings and serve right away, garnished with greens, or allow to chill and meld flavors overnight.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
~Adapted by Tanya Renner~ Last weekend I was honored to lead a grace filled weekend retreat at Spirit Fire in Leyden, MA. Woven into the magic of the land and the center itself is the heavenly plant based food so lovingly prepared by our hosts. Here are two smoothies that greeted us each morning. Special…
Last week, I gave my family members a sincere promise that I would move on from my Indian food obsession and so, with some reluctance, I have. Now that June is rolling in and Texas produce is hitting its peak, I welcome back some old friends in the forms of shiny purple eggplants, first of…
This is my go to summer dish when eggplant is at it’s peak, everyone is hungry, and dinner needs to appear with the wave of my magic wand. From start to finish this can be on the table in 40 minutes or left to simmer longer if you desire. Ingredients 2 medium sized eggplant (select…
Chopping these gorgeous vegetables is a perfect opportunity to practice mindfulness in simple everyday kitchen tasks. Take your time and appreciate the gift of this present moment. Ingredients Salad 1 large or 2 medium kohlrabi, peeled and cut into matchsticks 2 medium carrots, grated ½ medium red cabbage sliced thin ½ cup of toasted…