When I saw Simply CeeCee’s instagram post of mushroom laden rice noodles I didn’t miss a beat before setting out to create my own version. There’s not a doubt this recipe is a keeper in the Hubele home and once the mushrooms are prepped, it’s on the table in minutes. Here’s the original recipe and below you will find my take with brand suggestions. Either way it’s a winner. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 /4 cup of sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chile oil (optional, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegetable stock
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Stir Fried Mushrooms Rice Noodles
- Coconut Oil
- 6-8 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice mix
- 1 lb of mixed shiitake and baby bella mushrooms sliced
- Himalayan sea salt
Heat coconut oil, add sliced green onions, add spices, saute on low. Add mushrooms in small batches letting them cook down before adding more. Salt to taste.
Cook according to package directions your favorite pad thai style rice noodles.