Sweet Potatoes with Creamy Tahini Sauce
July 14, 2019
The pairing of creamy, steamed sweet potato with tangy, tahini topping is a match made in heaven. The simplicity begins with a short, accessible list of ingredients — and there is virtually no clean-up! Serve with a mixed green salad and you’ve got a weeknight winner.
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, any color (6 small or 3 large), scrubbed
- 6 Tbsp coconut butter or your preferred vegan butter, room temperature
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges (for serving)
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a medium pot fitted with a steamer basket. Halve sweet potatoes crosswise if large and place in steamer. Cover, reduce heat to medium and steam until fork-tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, smash together butter, lime juice, tahini, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl with a fork until smooth, about 3 minutes. Season tahini butter with kosher salt and lots of pepper.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a platter or a large plate. Let cool until you can just handle them, then split open and generously spread tahini butter over. Season with sea salt; top liberally with sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges to brighten the flavors
Adapted from Bon Appetit’s Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Butter
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
Yes, this is really another taco recipe – and just weeks after sharing one with pan-roasted Brussels sprouts. If I promise this is it for now, will you give it a try? You really won’t want to miss the ease and practical way to get your veggie quota for the day. Pictured above is how…
I don’t know about you, but we can’t get enough sweet potatoes here at the Hubele house. Here’s a sophisticated spin to try that is a far cry from any marshmellowy memory you may have. Give this a go with any of the varieties available now or mix them up for an eclectic look. Here’s a guide to all…
We have all observed a steady evolution of holiday side dishes over the past decades, and sweet potatoes are no exception to the rule. For good reason, most of these evolutions have cut out the refined sugars and dairy products, increasing the use of whole, fresh vegetables. Especially if your holiday memories are of sweet…
The pairing of creamy, steamed sweet potato with tangy, tahini topping is a match made in heaven. The simplicity begins with a short, accessible list of ingredients — and there is virtually no clean-up! Serve with a mixed green salad and you’ve got a weeknight winner. Ingredients 3 lb sweet potatoes, any color (6 small…