The pairing of creamy, steamed sweet potato with tangy, tahini topping is a match made in heaven. The simplicity begins with a short, accessible list of ingredients — and there is virtually no clean-up! Serve with a mixed green salad and you’ve got a weeknight winner.
- 3 lb sweet potatoes, any color (6 small or 3 large), scrubbed
- 6 Tbsp coconut butter or your preferred vegan butter, room temperature
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds and lime wedges (for serving)
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a medium pot fitted with a steamer basket. Halve sweet potatoes crosswise if large and place in steamer. Cover, reduce heat to medium and steam until fork-tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, smash together butter, lime juice, tahini, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl with a fork until smooth, about 3 minutes. Season tahini butter with kosher salt and lots of pepper.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a platter or a large plate. Let cool until you can just handle them, then split open and generously spread tahini butter over. Season with sea salt; top liberally with sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges to brighten the flavors
Adapted from Bon Appetit’s Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Butter