Spring Pea Soup
May 28, 2021
A delight for the senses, this soup is an absolute joy to make. Find some fresh sugar snap peas at your local farmer’s market or favorite organic food store.
- 2 tablespoon coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 young leeks, diced, both white and tender green parts
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed, and chopped ( be sure to remove the threads that run their length)
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- 4 tablespoons white or chickpea miso
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add snap peas to pot and season well with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup water and simmer until peas are soft, about 3 minutes. Add broth and miso and cooking another minute two.
- Purée mixture in a blender.
- You can strain the mixture through a fine siever or use as is. Heat gently, adjusting seasonings as needed.
- Serve in small bowls garnished with scallions.
Learn to support your health naturally with weekly tips
delivered straight to your inbox.
You may also be interested in:
When tender stems of baby broccoli, French breakfast radishes, and gorgeous Russian kale made their appearance last week at the Farmer’s Market, I saw the makings of a perfect spring salad. A big thank you to River Bottom Farms for their commitment to sustainable, organic produce. With ingredients that are this fresh and delicious, all…