Vegan Panna Cotta
April 27, 2020
- 800 ml plant-based milk:
2 14-oz cans full-fat coconut milk, 400 mL each
or 1 can of coconut milk and 400ml of another plant-based milk (I like hazelnut or almond milk)
or 800ml of your favorite plant-based milk
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 1 T powdered agar agar
- 1 vanilla bean, split with seeds removed to use, or a pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen berries
- 1 to 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 mL)
- 1 T arrowroot or cornstarch for thickening
- Pour milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once milk begins a gentle boil, whisk in sugar and agar agar. Boil gently for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla, stirring well, and pour into four lightly greased glass ramekins. Once cooled to room temperature, place in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
- Prepare fruit topping by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until berries break down and a sauce begins to form and thicken. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- When ready to serve, divide berry mixture between four plates, releasing each panna cotta from its ramekin and placing one on each plate.
You may also be interested in:
Summer is probably the easiest time to ditch dairy as the appeal for “creamy and rich” certainly lessens when the temps and humidity creep up. Having said that, I fully believe this is not an either or proposition. You…
This is an amazingly simple, decadent dessert that no one will believe is vegan and gluten free! Crust 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes 1 ¾ cup hazelnuts or…
I’m a fan of fruit for breakfast and a plateful of cruciferous veggies for dinner… but some days, we just need cookies. So if you are feeling that today, you have found your answer. Ingredients…