Raw Energy Bites
These bites are just the best for travel, mid meal snacks, and hikes. You”ll see this is more of an ingredient list than a recipe. The only trick here is to adjust the amount of wet ingredients to dry so that the mixture comes together and can easily hold it’s shape. Enjoy the versatility of these yummy treats and improvise with whatever you have on hand.
- 1 cup of medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 10-15 mins
- 3/4 of a cup of any nut butter or tahini
- 3/4 of a cup of walnuts, pecans or any other nut ground (cashews and or sunflower seeds are excellent)
- ½ cup of ground seeds ( I like a mix of pumpkin and sunflower) and/or desiccated coconut
- ½ cup or handful of dried fruits ( apricot, fig, cherries, golden raisins are all delicious)
- 2 Tbs of chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbs of coconut oil
- 2 Tbs of hemp seeds
- 2 Tbs of 1 raw cacao powder or crushed cacao nibs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- A splash or two of maple syrup if needed for moisture or sweetening
Prep all ingredients and then add to the bowl of your food processor. Pulsing until you reach a desired consistency. Taste and adjust sweetenings.
You might consider using a mini ice cream scoop for quick portioning.
These bites can be portioned and stored in the freezer or fridge to be ready when needed.